- One of the hardiest plants grown in desert type climates
- Small sized evergreen tree that has blooms most of the year
- Blooms in a variety of colors including red, white, and pink
- This tree makes a great upright hedges, screens, and borders or can be used as a smaller patio tree
Oleander, Nerium oleander, is a super drought tolerant evergreen hedge or tree that can add vibrant color as well as privacy to your landscape. From the Mediterranean, this floriferous, fast-growing beauty is a staple in landscapes across the Western United States. It's a small to medium sized plant that makes an excellent 'Living Fence'. Colorful and fragrant white, red and pink flowers appear in late spring and into fall, to create a dazzling display of color. This versatile plant tolerates a wide range of soils and can be used as a hedge or tree, though many homeowners choose to use it as a hedge for use as a colorful privacy screen.
An Oleander will thrive in full sun with little to no water required once established. It's a versatile plant that can grow just fine in partial shade, too. Larger Oleanders can be easily trained into single or multi-trunked trees with dark green, leathery, and semi-glossy narrow leaves providing year round interest. Once in bloom, expect pollinators and hummingbirds to flock into your garden to enjoy the floriferous display of heavily scented single and double petal flowers.
Easy to care for, homeowners are sure to appreciate the low maintenance features of an Oleander plant. It features a real tight and neat appearance making this an excellent choice for patios or growing in a container. Feel free to plant along the seaside, as Oleanders can tolerate salt spray. This popular tree or hedge is compatible with a wide range of landscape styles. Because of its versatility, it can be used for hedges, screens, large accents or focal points in your landscape.
Fun fact: grown since ancient times, Oleanders are featured in many of the Roman wall paintings in Pompeii. Purchase this evergreen from ancient times at Moon Valley Nurseries, where we offer the finest selection of Oleanders for sale. We can assure their quality is the best you'll find anywhere because we custom grow our own from our own private stock of premium quality specimens! Be sure to plant with our Super Charged Moon Juice for spectacular results!
- Versatile - can grow from the desert to the seaside
- Low maintenance, easy care
- Fragrant flowers attract hummingbirds
- Makes an excellent privacy hedge
- Drought tolerant
- Can tolerate salt spray - good plants for coastal areas
- Tolerates a wide range of soils