Moon Valley Nurseries Indian Hawthorn details and information. Moon Valley Nurseries has a great selection of Indian Hawthorn plants that are grown only from our best specimens. Learn more about Moon Valley Nurseries plants and best practices for outstanding plant performance.
Moon Valley Nurseries
- Clusters of bright pink flowers in spring
- Cold Hardy
- Medium sized shrub good near buildings, use in beds and borders
- Will bloom in shade or survive open sunlight
- Other common names include Hong Kong Hawthorn or India Hawthorn
- Often found in residential as well as commercial landscapes
- A familiar sight lining the sidewalks in parking lots
- Very cold hardy shrubs that can grow well in full shade
- Can produce large clusters of decorative small pink flowers in mid spring
Indian Hawthorn, Rhaphiolepis indica, can bring a vibrant splash of pink color to any landscape in mid-spring! Native to southern China, Rhaphiolepis indica is often used as a hedge and in beds and borders where these low maintenance plants are sure to attract the right attention. This shrub is a broad-leaved evergreen that is ideal for growing near buildings and other structures that could benefit from some color enhancement. We also like to let them mound naturally so that they can also be used as a privacy screen that can block unwanted views in style!
These are versatile evergreen shrubs. In fact, Indian Hawthorn can bloom in the shade or grow in a spot with plenty of full sun exposure. They are very cold hardy, and once established, Rhaphiolepis indica will have little to moderate water requirements. Some people choose to shape this versatile plant into a ball form or hedge. India Hawthorn is one useful plant in any landscape no matter how you choose to let it grow!
The Indian Hawthorn can sometimes be found blooming white colored flowers.
Moon Valley Nurseries is the grower of Indian Hawthorn Rhaphiolepis indica shrubs so that we can assure their quality is the best you will find anywhere! We have got you covered with all that you need for your landscape. Visit any of our nurseries to take advantage of our free landscape design consultations and handpick the perfect shrubs and other plants for the perfect spot in your yard!