Moon Valley Nurseries Plumbago details and information. Moon Valley Nurseries has a great selection of plumbago shrubs that are grown only from our best specimens. Learn more about Moon Valley Nurseries plants and best practices for outstanding plant performance.
Moon Valley Nurseries
- Beautiful sky blue flowers spring and fall
- Excellent background or transition plant
- Open shade to part sun
- Synonym Plumbago auriculata
- Other common names include Blue Plumbago, Cape Leadwort, Cape Plumbago
- This is a fast-growing evergreen shrub that blooms clusters of sky blue flowers
- Excellent for use as a low hedge, background plant, filler plant, transition plant, groundcover or as a cover for a bank, fence or wall!
- Attracts birds and butterflies
Plumbago, botanical name Plumbago capensis or auriculata, is a South African native that can add a sea of sky blue flowers to landscapes throughout the Southwest! These rambling evergreen shrubs bloom from spring through summer and sometimes all year long in frost-free areas. We like to plant these shrubs in any landscape as a low hedge or colorful groundcover. If you've been looking to plant something with color along your fence line, Plumbago is an excellent choice! We also like to plant them to add some color and beauty to patios or near decks!
Plumbago is not fussy about soil type and love to grow in a spot with full sun or light shade exposure. Once established, these shrubs will have little to moderate water requirements, and they are very low maintenance plants too! And if you love the sight of butterflies, you'll be happy to know that birds and butterflies are attracted to this plant!
Moon Valley Nurseries is the grower of the best-quality Plumbago so that we can assure their quality is the best you'll find anywhere! Visit us today and speak with any of our nursery experts. In fact, we offer free landscape design consultations so that we can design a beautiful new landscape with Plumbago and the trees and other plants that are the perfect companions! Moon Valley Nurseries has got you covered whether you're starting from scratch or you want to replace the trees and plants that the builders chose!