- Gorgeous, trumpet-shaped, sweetly fragrant flowers and is perfect for decorating any yard!
- Drought and cold tolerant
- Airy foliage casts a light but cooling shade
- Visually appealing in many landscape styles
- Other common names include Flowering Willow, Willow-leaved Catalpa, Willowleaf Catalpa, Bow Willow, Desert Catalpa
- Noted for its resemblance to Willows (willow-like leaves)
- Fragrant, trumpet-shaped blossoms from spring to fall
- Airy foliage can cast light shade
Desert Willow, botanical name Chilopsis linearis, is a small to medium-size tree that blends well with any landscape style and gets bonus points for being able to cast light shade! These Southwest natives feature willow-like, long and narrow leaves and they typically grow along desert washes, hence the name. They are fast becoming a favorite small tree in landscapes both for their size and for their fragrant, trumpet-shaped blossoms that fill the air from spring to fall. The Penstemon flowers vary in color and range from pink to lavender, adding a beautiful contrast with the airy green foliage! Hummingbirds love the Desert Willow, especially in the summer, and if you're looking for a smaller tree that thrives in hot, arid climates, you'll love this Chilopsis linearis too!
This fast-growing tree thrives in a location that gets plenty of full sun exposure. Once established, Desert Willow is drought tolerant with little to moderate water requirements, with just enough water, it can keep blooming and looking nice and green throughout the warm months. Homeowners and landscapers alike rave about its low-maintenance features, and this is an excellent tree for adding visual interest, so if you're looking for an easy-care tree that can add lots of curb appeal, use this Desert Willow to decorate your yard!
Moon Valley Nurseries grows the best-quality Desert Willow trees, and we nurture them so that they will thrive in your landscape! We are the growers so that we can assure their quality! We make it easy to revamp your yard with free planting on all box sized trees! All you have to do is handpick the perfect trees, buy it, and we'll do the rest!