Fan Tex Ash | Fast Growers | Moon Valley Nurseries
Trees of Fall
Fan Tex Ash
(Fraxinus velutina 'Fan Tex')
- Shade in the summer, Light in the winter!
- Ideal for medium to large spaces where larger Ash varities will overgrow
- Keeps lush and full look even in adverse conditions
Fan Tex Ash
Fraxinus velutina 'Fan Tex'
- Other common name is Velvet Ash
- A smaller sized deciduous Ash variety, ideal for small to medium size yards
- Superior tolerance of heat and arid conditions
- Grown from cuttings, not seeds (seedless Arizona Ash)
- Develops a spreading, rounded canopy when mature
- Attracts butterflies
Fan Tex Ash, Fraxinus velutina 'Fan Tex,' is a seedless Arizona Ash with superior tolerance to heat and arid conditions so that they can thrive in our area! These Ash trees are native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico, where they naturally inhabit stream sides or low pockets in canyons, and we like to use them as a deciduous shade tree that lets the warmth of the sun in during winter and blocks the sun during the warm summer months. These are also beautiful street trees with glossy green leaves that turn to shades of yellow and gold in the fall! One thing that almost everyone can agree on is that this cultivar creates a lush canopy even in adverse conditions.
This Fan Tex Ash growth rate is fast, and they have a tolerance for pollution so that they are an excellent choice for urban areas. These Ash trees thrive in a spot that gets plenty of full sun exposure! Plus, once established, they are drought tolerant with little to moderate watering needs. They can tolerate all kinds of soil conditions including acidic and alkaline as well as clay, loam, and sandy soil types.
Visit your nearest Moon Valley Nurseries today and handpick the perfect Fan Tex Ash tree today! We custom grow this Ash cultivar so that we can assure their quality is the best you'll find anywhere. And once you select the perfect tree, you can relax if you allow our professional planting crew to do all the work!