- Hardy evergreen shade tree tolerating extreme drought and windy conditions
- Clean shade tree with dense dark green foliage
- Can be used as a specimen shade tree or planted in rows as a privacy screen
Southern Live Oak, Quercus virginiana, is the ""mighty oak of the South"" that looks right at home planted in Southwestern landscapes. It is native to the coastal plains of the southeastern U.S and grows at a moderate rate. It is a large evergreen shade tree noted for its beauty and extreme drought tolerance. In fact, the Southern Live Oak was the lone survivor during the recent great Texas drought! Once established it will require low water, just let nature do the rest. This beauty will thrive in your landscape with full sun and little to no special care required.
Families are sure to love this Southern Live Oak tree. Create lasting memories around this long lifespan oak. It's dense, gray/green foliage and large spreading crown provides an ideal shady spot for a picnic on your lawn. Carve your initials into the impressive trunk or host a backyard get together and hang a piñata on the durable tree limbs. If you are looking for a climbing tree, a mature specimen is just begging to be climbed.
People are not the only living things that love a mature specimen. This habitat tree attracts a variety of small wildlife. A great provider, acorns fall in autumn and serve as a food source for many animals. Feel free to install owl boxes, hang bird feeders and enjoy the bird watching spectacle.
This is the best oak for lawn planting. Homeowners that plant a Southern Live Oak tree in their landscape will be able to appreciate the many benefits of this majestic beauty for generations upon generations. Feel free to speak with our nursery pro and ask us about placement ideas.
Moon Valley Nurseries offers top quality landscaping trees that are sure to be a focal point wherever you have it planted. You buy it and we can deliver and plant it!
- I am looking for the largest evergreen tree that you have available for planting. I am removing all my gras lawn and putting in a gravel ground cover and I want a big shade tree that does not shed its leaves in the fall and winter.This looks good, I am looking for the largest evergreen tree for year round shade in my front yard. I am removing all the grass and for water conservation and want a big tree to offer shade especially in the summer. I have a south facing home I do have a Ficus next to the house that was here when I moved it, but it is planted too close to the house to offer shade except in a limited area and because it was planted so close to the house it has to be trimmed often. I love the Ficus but not the location.
- Live OakI have a beautiful live oak in my back yard….do I need to prune it or top it ?
Live in Pahrump NV
- Gift Card